Friday, October 8, 2010

RIP Cardinale Kitchen: Please Start an Empanada Lunch Truck


I know it's been a few months now, but wanted to pay respect to CK. Rest in peace Cardinale Kitchen. Cardinale sat on the corner of Melrose and Vine and served the best empanadas with the most garlicky chimichurri sauce. I loved that they were baked, not fried and had boiled egg in some of them, like I remember them back from my South America days. I am crushed that I no longer have a place to get my breakfast empanadas (which tasted great with an oozy fried egg). I think the owners should either start an online empanada-only business or go lunch truck. The other dishes weren't anything to write home about and that's probably why it never caught on. Please come back!



I bet that if they were to start an empanada lunch truck and used social media to have them followed, they'd hit the jackpot. So, ex-owners of Cardinale, what are you waiting for? The masses want more! Don't leave us with the mediocre fried versions from other joints that purport to make the best empanadas in LA! Claim your place in the empanada hall of fame! Los estamos esperando desesperadamente!

The beef was hands-down my fave, but the chicken, spinach, ham and cheese as well as the caprese were all pretty good.

No comments: