Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cooking: A Simple Fried Egg and Jalapeno Quesadilla with a Cold Brew

I'm no beer snob or connoisseur, but every once in a while I like to try new beers at a fave gastropub or at a local market and then get excited when I find one I liked. I recently found that I liked Indian Wells' Silver Sun. It says it's a "premium lite lager," which doesn't mean a whole lot to this beer novice. But I do know that it had a rich flavor without too much bitterness, which I really liked.


No glass of beer is complete without the right anju, as Koreans would say, or pintxo, as Spaniards would say. So of course, I whipped up a quesadilla with a whole wheat tortilla, a shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese mix, some pickled jalapeno slices and the venerable runny fried egg to bring it all together.

They went perfectly well together. The glass nicely painted by OK (those are really her initials) made it even better.

For best results, pre-heat a pan in medium high heat, place tortilla in pan, place cheese and other ingredients on half of the tortilla and fold into half. Flip the tortilla once the cheese starts oozing (about 3 minutes) and cook for another minute. Slice into two or three pieces and enjoy!

No comments: