Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tacos y Mariscos Sinaloa in Anaheim: No Me Gusta (Not to My Liking)

Being right next to Santa Ana, I was sure I could find a good Mexican place out in Anaheim. Well, I first tried to go to Gabbi's in Orange but after learning the wait was an hour for a place that actually looked like a tourist trap from the outside, we shifted gears and landed at Tacos y Mariscos Sinaloa in Anaheim. Sinaloa is a state on the Northwest coast of Mexico known for seafood as you can see from the restaurant's namesake (mariscos).


The margaritas were average, on the strong side but nothing to write home about. The guacamole was also average, not too flavorful but ok. I wish it had more kick but that came from the three salsas they gave us. One was a liquidy guacamole that was spicy; another was a roasted tomato salsa that was the spiciest and my fave and the last was a plain pico de gallo-like salsa that didn't have too much flavor.

Then again, I like everything roasted and charred although it's not good for me, so take that with a grain of salt. Chips were nice and warm. We got the shrimp a la Diabla and fish al mojo de ajo, which basically means drowning in garlic.

The shrimp in a spicy creamy sauce wasn't great. The sauce wasn't as creamy as it should have been and didn't taste like Diabla sauce.

The refried beans were like mush and tasteless, not to mention the rice.




Never thought I'd say this but the fish al mojo de ajo had far too much garlic on it for my taste.

The rice and beans were unremarkable and I actually had to remove some garlic chunks off the fish because it was excessive.

It had promise but didn't deliver much and I likely won't be returning.

No comments: